Sunday 19 February 2012

Remind me why I started this

Today started so well. I was free. Free to run, dance and, as it happens, walk the dog. We headed off to a fabulous local nature reserve , with dunes to run up and down shrieking a little bit (me), dunes to run up and leap off (eldest daughter), and dunes to walk up and down moaning about how hungry she is and can we please go home now (youngest daughter).



 Husband followed, happy to not be at his desk. The beach, when we reached it was empty but for many seagulls, the sunshine glistening off the wet sand, and blue sky all around. All was right with the world. Well, if there had been a snack bar it would have been, so unable to gag the youngest, we headed back. Only a few mishaps on the way back



For those who have somehow missed out on the Fenton phenomenon, here.

So far so lovely. So why on earth did I choose such a day to reorganise not just one, but two wardrobes. And I went under the bed of doom, creating many, many bags of recycling which will hang around for too long before I force myself off to the charity shop. It's one of those jobs that is very satisfying when done and has been on my to-do list for months. Stuck in the middle of it, surrounded by rubbish and odd socks, I just wanted to head for the hills. What was I thinking? I wasn't, obviously. So next weekend it's officially No Dusters Allowed. I'll watch a film in the afternoon and eat cake without logging the calories (my fitness pal is awesome, when I'm not eating cake). Now, if I can just book a babysitter ready...Bad mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment